Often, what separates Florida small businesses from the “inner circle” of blue chips has little to do with the offering, pricing, and sales copy, and instead has more to do with simply trimming the fat to save time and money for growth operations. Every cent and second you can shave off the bottom line enables you to divert resources to your growth plan or maintain a higher margin for payroll and bonuses. As such, it is extremely important to optimize your Tampa Bay business for the modern era. In this article, we’re going to go over four business solutions every small business needs to be using:
- Leasing For Copiers and Printers
- Technical Service and Support for Printers and Copiers
- Document Management Software
- Managed Print Services
Leasing For Copiers and Printers
Copier and printer leasing is a great option for small businesses that need to get new equipment. You can get the latest technology and have it installed at a fraction of the cost of buying it outright.
Leasing allows you to acquire the equipment you need without a substantial upfront cost. Plus, you’ll have access to repairs and maintenance from your leasing company, which will ensure your machine keeps running smoothly for years after you sign on with them!
By saving that upfront cost, you open your business up to infinite possibilities when it comes to growth projects, including:
- A new marketing campaign
- Hiring growth personnel
- Diverting resources into acquisition
Every growth strategy requires money, so saving on a day-to-day asset like a printer is a great way to reintroduce funding to your growth plan.
Technical Service and Support for Printers and Copiers
If you’re looking for, or already using, a printer or copier, having a qualified technician on hand to help with any problems is critical.
Whether you purchase new equipment or lease it, printers and copiers are heavy-use tools. Eventually, they will need to be serviced. Rather than train in-house personnel to handle it, consider outsourcing it to a specialized team like ClearView.
Technical support may include:
- On-site service from a trained technician who can diagnose and fix problems
- Telephone support that includes troubleshooting over the phone with an experienced customer service representative
- Email and online chat services where customers can get answers to their questions quickly whether they’re at their office or home
- Scheduled toner replenishment
Finding a good technical support team for your printer or copier means saving time when maintenance or repairs are required. Instead of slowing work and diverting money and labor to solving printer problems, you can keep operating smoothly while a more cost-effective professional handles it.
Document Management Software
Document management software is a type of software that helps you organize and store documents, as well as track their progress from start to finish. In other words, it’s a way for businesses to stay organized.
Here are some reasons why document management software is important:
- It can help you save time by automating tedious tasks like filing paperwork or tracking changes made to documents over time.
- It helps ensure that your employees have access to the right files when needed—no more hunting around!
The average small business handles hundreds or even thousands of documents every year, so keeping them straight is imperative to reduce costs and wasted time.
Missing an important document can mean missing a deadline, which can mean losing a client. A great document management software like M-Files can eliminate that possibility.
Additionally, document management software tends to be more secure than physical files or free document software. Protecting your data is imperative as a modern business, so it’s worth it to invest in secure server-based software to store your files.
Managed Print Services
Printing, copying, and scanning are essential office functions. However, printing can be a huge cost for your business. A managed print service (MPS) helps businesses reduce unnecessary printing and cut costs.
An MPS is an outsourced IT service that leverages technology to optimize the way you manage print devices in your workspace. The goal of an MPS is to provide a consistent level of quality while reducing recurring expenses by automating many of the day-to-day tasks involved with managing printers and copiers at your business.
Managed print services help you reduce the cost of printing and copying by taking over some of the day-to-day management tasks, like having equipment serviced and upgraded. MPS also provides companies with guidance on how to save money by making better use of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
Managed print services can help your business save money while increasing productivity and improving security. Managed print services can be a good fit for small businesses that don’t have the time or resources to build an in-house printing IT team.
Managed print services can help your business by:
- Reducing cost of printing. By centralizing your print management, you can reduce the number of printers and copiers you need to purchase, as well as the ongoing maintenance costs associated with them.
- Improving productivity. The ability to print from anywhere and at any time makes it easier for employees to do their jobs more efficiently—and increases their satisfaction with their employer in general.
- Reducing waste. An optimized print network reduces double-printing and failed prints, tangibly reducing waste.
- Improving security. Managed print services monitor printing activity, giving you an early warning system when privileges are abused, or an external actor infiltrates your intranet or cloud.
A managed print service can also act as a consultant when the time comes to upgrade equipment. By analyzing your business and maintaining a deep understanding of your printing needs, an MPS like Clearview can procure the most efficient and productive printer or copier for you, install it, and maintain it.
By optimizing your printing and copying infrastructure, you can increase margins and divert more money to growth or payroll.